|Entity||Total Facility Solutions Inc.|
|Location||Plano, TX or Malta, NY|
Duties & Responsibilities
The Business Development Director reports to the Sr. Vice President. This position will assist in developing annual incoming order and revenue forecast and then work with Regional Managers and Branch Managers to meet these objectives.
Business Development Directors Purpose is to be a promoter of TFS by using all available methods of generating interest in our services including but not limited to: networking, cold calling, promoting and attending conferences and trade shows. The Business Development Director must consistently develop a rapport with new clients as well as expand and maximize existing relationships. Participate as necessary in strategic planning of the services the company provides and of the company’s competitors. This will be at the corporate level which will require a thorough knowledge of all regions.
- Adopt and promote the TFS commitment to always provide a safe workplace that strives for an Incident and Injury Free environment where everyone goes home safe every day
- Uphold the core values in dealing with potential customers, new and existing customers and fellow employees.
- Establish annual strategic business development plans based upon market intelligence, knowledge of customers’ needs, and alignment with TFS corporate goals.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Develop, oversee, and execute company marketing strategy in line with company objectives to include but not limited to: printed and digital marketing collateral, company website, social media presence, promotional campaigns, and brand management.
- Establish and manage business development expense budget and maximize return on investment of marketing and business development activities.
- Define and facilitate core business development activities. Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Research and build relationships with new Clients. Set up meetings with client decision makers.
- Oversee and facilitate preparation of Corp. risk review process (PIRA/TERA) for opportunities that require it.
- Work with Regional Managers, Branch Managers and Inside Sales to ensure CRM (Sales Force) is updated. Schedule periodic meetings to review with Sr. Management.
- Working with management and the estimating team on proposal deliverables. Assist with developing and writing proposals, cover letters, marketing letters and other communications.
- Perform necessary follow up and as well overcoming objections strategies to work towards a mutually beneficial negotiated agreement.
- Shaping the developments and priorities within TFS by participating in Management Meetings, Sales/Ops meetings and keeping the team informed as appropriate.
- Assist company leadership in identifying conventions and industry trade shows that are important to attend. Representing TFS at these shows as required.
- Collaborating with M+W Americas and M+W Group BDUs as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 8-10 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in business, marketing or demonstrated equivalent.
- Strong marketplace knowledge and relationships
- Ability to close new business opportunities and knowledge of the engineering and construction industry
- Knowledge of contract terms and experience negotiating and closing contracts
- Ability to set strategic win process
- Must be comfortable socializing at industry networks and making personal connections
- Travel predominantly a defined territory with occasional travel to industry events in other US locations
- SalesForce knowledge a plus
- Microsoft platform knowledge