|Entity||Total Facility Solutions Inc.|
|Location||Santa Clara, CA|
Total Facility Solutions provides turnkey facilities contracting for high purity piping, electrical services, clean utilities, process equipment, gas, chemical and ultra-pure water system installations for semiconductor, life science, renewable energy and science & research.
Total Facility Solutions, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary under the holding company M+W Americas, a full service architectural, engineering, and construction management firm that offers a broad range of global services to public and private science and research, biotechnology, electronics, advanced technology, manufacturing, and institutional clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
TFS is looking for a Mechanical Chief Estimator to work in Santa Clara, CA area. This candidate will report to Director of Estimating and shall be the primary member of the estimating team who has overall responsibility for the creation of budgets and estimates. The Chief Estimator is responsible for the estimating process, and shall adhere to standardized procedures, methods and processes for estimating established within TFS.
The Chief Estimator should also have thorough knowledge of local plumbing and process piping code requirements and will oversee analysis of past performance on projects and assist in establish estimating standards for all future estimates based on such analysis, and assist in oversight of the historical cost database and bid management.
- Assign responsibilities for estimating team on each project.
- Coordinate resources and workload to ensure timely delivery of all proposals.
- Develop and maintain departmental budgets.
- Review departmental performance and participate in annual evaluations.
- Maintain estimating software data to ensure current costs.
- Investigate and recommend best industry practices and standards.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings to review workload and needs.
- Travel to attend site visits, design reviews, contract negotiations, etc.
- Send any upstream contract documents to the shared services legal team for their review and comments.
- Review proposals with Branch Management and Executive Management prior to submittal.
- Coordinate proposal and construction schedules with Planning/Scheduling Dept.
- Work with proposal sponsor or administrator to compile all required bid submittal information.
- Ensure bid documents are accurate and complete.
- Periodically, assist the project teams in preparation of field change order estimates.
- Periodically, assist the project manager with subcontract/vendor negotiations.
- Reviews project plans and specifications and coordinates with the team to confirm complete scope.
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information & pricing.
- Assist in Good Faith Efforts as required.
- Review general conditions, schedule, scopes of work, hoisting plans, site logistics and other exhibits as prepared by Operations.
- Support the Business Development and Marketing Departments in the pursuit of new work.
- Review constructability and project execution plans with the preconstruction and project teams
- Align with the Procurement Department to maintain and communicate data on construction and material cost and lead time trends affecting project costs.
- Build effective relationships with customers, design team, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects including the Job Kick-off Meeting.
- Assist in the preparation and review of work plans as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related Industry preferred.
- Should have (15) years of estimating experience in healthcare, industrial, process piping, pharmaceutical or semi-conductor industry.
- Must have an excellent grasp of the MEP industry
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customer
- Manage stress and obtain deadlines while dealing with a continuously changing schedule
- Flexibility within the standard work week
- Experience with On Screen Takeoff (OST), Highlands, Accubid, or Quickpen will be a plus
- Familiarity with 3D BIM modeling software such as Navisworks, Revit, Fabrication CADmep will be a plus
Attractive salaries, supportive environments, and excellent benefits allow for growth and career development with M+W Group. Relocation assistance is available. If you want to join a dynamic environment that supports its employees to move up instead of move on, please forward your resume for consideration.
NO OUTSIDE RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
M+W Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The M+W Group provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.