|Entity||Total Facility Solutions Inc.|
As the name suggests, we provide total facility solutions; solutions that are designed to deliver process-critical infrastructure for semiconductor, life science, renewable energy and science & research installations. Our turnkey facilities contracting solutions feature high purity piping, electrical services, clean utilities, process equipment installation as well as gas, chemical and ultra-pure water systems installations among others.
Our focus on process and electrical services for high-technology, electronics and related industries makes Total Facility Solutions (TFS) able to service a growing list of related markets including: nanotechnology, biopharma, photovoltaics, renewable energy, green construction, science and teaching facilities and research and development installations.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful Project Engineer will assist and train to manage and administrate project activities to assure execution of the work in accordance with the contract documents at our lowest cost and risk. The Project Engineer will be totally responsible to complete in a timely manner all functions or tasks directed by the assigned Project Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Adopt and promote the TFS commitment to always provide a safe workplace that strives for an Incident and Injury Free environment where everyone goes home safe every day.
- Ensure company safety policies and the Site Specific Plan are proactively communicated and consistently enforced on all projects.
- Take a leadership role with the rest of the TFS Management Team to provide a clear and concise position about our commitment to an Incident and Injury Free workplace.
- Perform project manager tasks that are associated with all phases of the life-cycle of a project to include estimating, negotiation, contracting, buyout, construction administration, financial management and closeout of individual projects and / or task order projects at large.
- Create, update and maintain a variety of project controls that track the status of: individual projects or task orders, changes to projects or task orders, request for information (RFI), shop drawings and submittal, matters involving quality controls, safety, financial performance, close-out and other aspects of the project(s) or task order(s). Analyze reports and use personal influence to create priorities that prevent delays to critical activities within the project.
- Assist the Project Team in scheduling and executing the Design/BIM Process. Work with design department to create, review and process shop drawings and other submittals that are required to document the construction process.
- Manage or support the change management process, by updating logs, routing source documents to vendors, obtaining pricing, developing estimates and proposals, writing change orders and other related activities.
- Manage or support the estimating process by performing quantity surveys to obtain and summarize scope and quantities of work.
- Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing contemporary scheduling software.
- Negotiate and/or support the process of negotiating contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Maintain and regularly produce reports utilizing TFS and client specific workflow software such as Oracle, TFSOS/PLEX, Prolog, etc.
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions.
- Assist in ensuring that all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place.
- Provide timely and professional interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, HR, IT, etc.
- Participate in managing activities that are related to project closeout to ensure timely completion.
- Assist with the evaluation of projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings
- Participate in life-long learning opportunities and professional development.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and industry networking functions.
- Cover for the project manager when he or she is not available for a specific meetings or events.
- Familiarize oneself with the Project Manager Position Description (PD-Project Manager) and work deliberately to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to evolve into one of the stated roles.
- BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar is desirable
- 5 years of experience.
- Previous experience in Construction, Mechanical/Electrical Contracting or Engineering is desirable.
- Strong Communication, Organizational and Time-Management skills are required
- Strong Computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook are necessary for Success.
M+W Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The M+W Group provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.