|Entity||Total Facility Solutions Inc.|
Total Facility Solutions (TFS), Inc. a company of the M+W Group, provides construction solutions that are designed to deliver process-critical infrastructure for semiconductor, life science, renewable energy and science & research installations. TFS focuses on process piping and electrical services for turnkey facilities; contracting solutions feature high purity piping, electrical services, clean utilities, process equipment installation as well as gas, chemical and ultra-pure water systems installations among others.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful Project Engineer will assist and train to manage and administrate project activities to assure execution of the work in accordance with the contract documents at our lowest cost and risk. The Project Engineer will be totally responsible to complete in a timely manner all functions or tasks directed by the assigned Project Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Adopt and promote the TFS commitment to always provide a safe workplace that strives for an Incident and Injury Free environment where everyone goes home safe every day.
- Ensure company safety policies and the Site Specific Plan are proactively communicated and consistently enforced on all projects.
- Take a leadership role with the rest of the TFS Management Team to provide a clear and concise position about our commitment to an Incident and Injury Free workplace.
- Prepare complete, accurate and timely submittals and maintain associated logs for construction projects based on project drawings and specifications.
- Accountable for receiving approved submittals from Architect or Engineer and notifying the Project Team of potential cost and/or schedule impacts.
- Prepare correspondence with Owner, Architect, Engineers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, etc. Examples of referenced correspondence include, but not confined to the following items: schedule of values, project schedule, memos, and requests for information, transmittals and submittals.
- Assist Project Manager by preparing all necessary back up relating to change order requests.
- Assist the Project Team in the timely completion of all required project close-out documents per contract, including turnover packages, as-builts, O&M manuals, warranties, owner training, punch lists, and other related items.
- Distribute contract documents to subcontractors, including drawings, specifications, general conditions, and final requirement documentation. Include any accepted alternates or addendums with documents.
- Schedule all required construction meetings with required personnel, subcontractors, architects and owners, as specified by the project manager.
- Take accurate and complete meeting minutes and distribute timely.
- Attend Owner/Architect pre-bid, project and closeout meetings, as specified by the project manager.
- Solicit subcontractors and suppliers for proposal prior to proposal submission time.
- During construction phase, proactively assist the project manager to achieve quality, schedule, budget and safety. Utilize and maintain tools: schedule and document management to track and record project performance.
- Collect data, assemble, and distribute various weekly reports as required.
- Expedite fabrication and ensure timely delivery of equipment and materials purchased by TFS and/or its subcontractors.
- Maintain good customer relations (Owner, Architect, Engineer, Subcontractor, Supplier, Public Official).
- Inform management of productivity, costs, quality control, document management and processing of applications for payment. Notify management of any issues that arise which affects quality, budget, progress and safety.
- Assist in the preparation, issuance, and receipt of bid packages.
- Managing the tracking, reproduction, and distribution of all drawings, specifications and sketches and revisions.
- Attending and participating in construction and other meetings as required. Taking and issuing meeting minutes as required.
- BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar is desirable
- 5 years of experience.
- Previous experience in Construction, Mechanical/Electrical Contracting or Engineering is desirable.
- Strong Communication, Organizational and Time-Management skills are required
- Strong Computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook are necessary for Success.
Attractive salaries, supportive environments, and excellent benefits allow for growth and career development with TFS and the M+W Group. If you want to join a dynamic environment that supports its employees to move up instead of move on, for consideration please apply.
NO OUTSIDE RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
M+W Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The M+W Group provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.