|Entity||Total Facility Solutions Inc.|
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible to manage and administrate project activities to assure execution of the work in accordance with the company’s procedures and the contract documents at our lowest cost and risk. The Sr. Project Manager is totally responsible to assure all functions itemized herein are completed correctly and in a timely manner even though he may not personally perform these duties. In addition, the project manager is the primary TFS customer representative and is responsible for providing a pro-active, professional image that will maintain a strong customer relationship and provide for future project opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership and oversight to multiple projects whether on multiple sites or a single site.
- Providing leadership and oversight to a single project with a value in excess of $5MM.
- Accountable for managing the overall execution of TFS Project(s).
- Responsible for accurately informing the Regional Manager of a project’s overall status, with particular regard to cost, schedule, quality, safety, and client relationship.
- Responsible for ensuring all applicable TFS corporate procedures and tools are followed / used on each project.
- Responsible for establishing and updating project forecasts and leading PSR reviews.
- In coordination with the Regional Manager and COO, execute appropriate agreements with each supplier or subcontractor.
- Independent management of projects including daily activities, staffing, P&L, cash flow and reporting functions, as well as coordination with administrative functions at site, regional, and corporate offices.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Company/Owner contract and all project correspondence and documentation.
- Develop and maintain continuous positive relationships with the GC/CM, Owner, and their assigned representatives.
- Promote positive Staff morale and resolve conflicts as required.
- Promote positive public and community relations, with assistance from the Marketing/Business Development Department.
- Support Business Development Activities as required and in coordination with Marketing/Business Development Department.
- Ensure that all project staff receives appropriate training for EH&S, Quality, TFS corporate processes, customer processes, and functional skills needed to perform their assigned duties.
- Establish and maintain scheduling, earned value, and labor analysis activities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Delegation of duties/responsibilities to project staff and in coordination with other management functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Ideal candidate will be self-driven to success and seeking a challenging position focused on customer satisfaction and awareness branding. They should have a strong desire to steer their own ship with a creative out-of-the box approach to MEP contracting.
- 5-10+ years of relevant supervisory/managerial experience in installation of electro-mechanical systems
- BS degree in Engineering, Electronics or similar highly preferred OR a similar 2-year Technical Degree with specific experience in electrical contracting for Pharmaceutical/life-science complexes
- Team Builder with the proven ability to lead cross-functional teams in procurement, planning, scheduling, field labor supervision, design, engineering, construction, safety and QAQC.
- Previous experience managing projects with scopes of work of $5-50 million is highly desirable
- Extreme attention to detail and highly organized
- Highly analytical and logical problem solving with the ability to disseminate large volumes of information while staying focused on project goals.
- Excellent computer skills, previous experience with CAD, Primavera, scheduling and construction software would be a plus
- Effective communicator with the ability to speak to various groups of individuals both technical and non-technical to communicate complex ideas.
- Previous experience in business development and branding awareness in a similar industry is highly desirable.
- Able to travel as necessary, or frequently, by car or airplane with occasional overnight stays required.
- Able to stand/sit/walk for long periods, up to 8 hours or greater per day
- Able to bend/stoop/kneel to perform duties of the job
- Will be needed to climb ladders, walk on catwalks during inspections and walk-downs.
- Persons holding these positions must have strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Exposure to moving machinery
- Potential exposure to chemicals or electrical hazards
- Able to work with occasional exposure to all weather conditions